Bristol City – Millwall 1: 2 Flemming gives the visitors their first away win of the season following a misunderstanding

The Robins had barely stopped celebrating the Shaun Hutchinson own goal that had cancelled out Tom Bradshaw’s opener when calamity hit.

A Millwall free-kick saw both defenders and Max O’Leary come for the ball and when Tomas Kalas headed the ball away, Flemming had a simple tap into an empty net.

City went into the game with an unchanged XI from the one that started against Preston North End and the squad included a welcome return for Tomas Kalas, who had not played for the Robins since March 5th due to injury.

Millwall travelled to Ashton Gate without a win on the road this season with all five of their victories coming at The Den.

City started with the same intent that saw them set the tone in the first half against Preston North End, Mark Sykes cutting the ball back to Antoine Semenyo, whose shot was blocked, while an Alex Scott free-kick just evaded a City head.

The Robins had to do a fair share of defending and they needed Mark Sykes to head Shaun Hutchinson’s header off the line.

Timm Klose needed off-field treatment to a head injury that saw him return wrapped in a bandage. It did not stop him from getting back to make a crucial tackle.

Klose’s brought down Tyler Burey just outside the area with minutes remaining of the first half and from the resulting free-kick, Bradshaw headed unmarked at the far post and though O’Leary saved superbly, the forward was in prime position to poke home the rebound.

City came out firing with Semenyo winning a free-kick which Scott hit against the wall and then firing hard across goal but too long for Weimann.

Semenyo and Jake Cooper were booked for an altercation away while Murray Wallace also saw yellow for bringing down the City frontman.

Pearson made a triple substitution on the hour-mark with Kalas, Chris Martin and Wells for Klose, Sykes and Conway followed by Cameron Pring five minutes later.

And it paid off with Semenyo finding Pring inside the area who fired the ball across the six-yard box towards Wells and the ball was turned into his own net by Shaun Hutchinson.

The visitors regained the lead as Kalas headed the ball away following a free-kick as O’Leary came for it and it fell perfectly to Flemming who stroked the ball the ball into the net with ease in the 76th minute.

City pushed for a late equaliser, with Dylan Kadji replacing Zak Vyner in added time but they were hit on the counter by Gary Rowett’s side and Scott would bring down George Saville in the area to give the visitors a penalty in the final moments of additional time.

O’Leary would deny Afobe, saving his spot-kick down to his left, but there was no time for a reaction as the referee blew for full-time moments later.

Check Also

After incredible emotions won promotion to Euro 2024. we forced this meeting Wales defeated after penalty kicks 5 -4 . Wales – Poland (0-0) P (4-5)

After incredible emotions Polish national team  won promotion to Euro 2024. Thanks to winning a series of …